Re: Live CDs for upcoming shows

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Live CDs for upcoming shows
Date: 2008-06-05 00:27:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Robert Bernier wrote:

> It currently opens on the CD's localhost which contains the introduction information.

And, as David has been rightly yelping, that's the only place an autoplay
setup should ever go--to the local CD or USB key that has been inserted.
If someone wants to add a prominent link to that intro information that is
clearly stated to lead to the main PostgreSQL site, I don't think anybody
would complain if following that link took you to a special page or used a
parameter to access the page that showed someone got there via the
distributed key.  That's as intrusive as even a give-away should ever get
if you don't want people get a bad taste of your project.