Re: Roadmap web page

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Roadmap web page
Date: 2008-05-30 18:32:57
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> Do we need to update the URLs on the roadmap page to point to the wiki
>>> instead?
>>>
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap
>>
>> what urls and what wording would you think is appropriate - we could
>> either link to
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.4_Development_Plan or
>> include that exact information on the website - or what else do you have
>> in mind ?
>
> I would like us to use consistent URLs based on ISO dates rather than
> month names, and have a fixed URL that points to the most recent
> commit-fest, and then link to that from the web site.

So basically what you want here is for CommitFest:July to become
CommitFest:2008-07? That's pretty reasonable and some ideas in this area
were already tossed around.

There's already a http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest redirect that
is being kept current.

I still think the developer/roadmap page should include a link to a
higher-level view than the CommitFest level. Linking to specific versions
is a maintenance headache to be avoided though; a link to
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Development_information would be
sufficient I think, that's a highly visible page that should always be
kept up to date.