Re: PostgreSQL Certification

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: cert(at)lists(dot)postgresqlcertification(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Certification
Date: 2008-02-04 06:30:41
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Greg Smith wrote:
>> If you just force the program to be open this issue largely resolves
>> itself. Companies that want to advertise their certification should have
>> to list their certified members.
>
> Most companies don't want to make their employee list public.

My first draft had "publically list" there and I backed it out for that
reason. I was thinking they'd only tell the certifying organization, just
so they could confirm to nervous prospective customers "do they really
have x certified people there?" but not anything more than that.
Companies might not like telling even them, but seriously: if Joshua and
friends really wants to know who you have working for you the community is
too small that you're going to be able to hide that for long anyway.

Enough from me on this, all replies should just go to the certification
list (which I'm not going to abuse anymore by sending to but not being a
member of) and this is at best a "certification V2.0" topic.