Re: install-strip causes dyld errors on OS X

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: install-strip causes dyld errors on OS X
Date: 2007-10-30 17:00:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> It would also be good to make --enable-debug the default.

The last time I did a build with both --enable-debug and --enable-cassert,
I was seeing pgbench results that were significantly (around 40% I think)
slower than without those two. I never circled back to assigning blame to
the individual options, but I'd suggest some caution here before turning
one of these on by default. I'd want to see benchmarking on a couple of
platforms to prove that it doesn't slow things down before making such a
change.