Re: How to monitor resources on Linux.

From: Ben Kim <bkim(at)tamu(dot)edu>
To: John R Allgood <jallgood(at)the-allgoods(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to monitor resources on Linux.
Date: 2007-08-31 13:17:12
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, John R Allgood wrote:

> I wish that was the case the linux version has to be installed locally.

I'm not an expert but I guess "local" may be a bit different in

If "local" requirement is from license or security issues, there are ways
to completely hide the guest from outside networks (provide it only with a
host-to-guest (virtual) network)  and it may qualify for local, looking
from the outside.

If it is from technical requirement and means non-tcp/ip, I guess there
may be programmatic solutions possible between host and guest.

Just thought it might be worth exploring.

Ben K.