Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies
Date: 2007-06-22 06:32:00
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> Generally I agree, however, how about a first switch, for beginner /
> intermediate / advanced.

You're describing a perfectly reasonable approach for a second generation
tool in this area.  I think it would be very helpful for the user
community to get a first generation one that works fairly well before
getting distracted at all by things like this.  The people capable of
filling out the intermediate/advanced settings can probably just do a bit
of reading and figure out most of what they should be doing themselves.