Re: Documentation access problems.

From: Hugh Sasse <hgs(at)dmu(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation access problems.
Date: 2007-03-23 16:54:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Am Freitag, 23. Mrz 2007 15:15 schrieb Hugh Sasse:
> > The PDFs are of high quality in terms of effort and content, but I
> > can't get the text large enough to see

You trimmed that -- it is large enough if I can put up with non-smooth
scrolling.  It seems to need to be bigger than the other fonts I use:
I think the Times in Adobe comes out with the thin strokes really thin.

> How large would you need it to be?  I can zoom both the PDF and the HTML so
> that an "n" is 5mm high.

It's a variable function of my vision, lighting, but I usually use 24 point
on VDUs, In this terminal (because Lucida Console doesn't have thin strokes,
the n's are about 5 mm high, but I'd like them bigger if possible.  I'm
not the limiting case, a former colleague liked her text about 2cm tall.

        Thank you,
        Hugh