Re: Postgres encyrption export

From: "Ben K(dot)" <bkim(at)coe(dot)tamu(dot)edu>
To: Tom Dong <TDong(at)witness(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres encyrption export
Date: 2007-01-31 15:20:29
Lists: pgsql-admin
There were similar discussions for mozilla and linux. I don't know more
than what's in the articles. Perhaps there are people in the know on this
list. Hope this is not too irrelevant.

http://hecker.org/mozilla/eccn
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7311
http://www.bakernet.com/ecommerce/usencryption.doc

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Tom Dong wrote:

> I am still searching for information on the internet about Postgres
> Export review by US Commerce department.
>
> I did see an early email posted on POstgres mailing list about ECCN
> number of Postgres and saw the response debating if Postgres should be
> considered a US product.  But I did not see any conclusion to that
> question, namely if POstgres has an ECCN number and if Postgres is a US
> product.
>
> Thanks!
> tom

Regards,