Re: [HACKERS] 8.0 press release

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 8.0 press release
Date: 2004-11-12 23:03:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-hackers

press release will be released on behalf of PGDG ? So, any contacts
will be considered sort of official ? There so many unclear questions,
so I tried to avoid them - publish well established regional addresses.
btw, what do you mean "press contact" ? I don't remember you asked me
for contact. I always have my contact (for decades) in my signature,
for example. We have well known postgresql resources in Russia and
I never heard Nickolay's company. Do we bless his company to be
our (PGDG) contact ?  I'm against casual companies to be my representative
in my country !

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Oleg,
> Discussion moved to ADVOCACY, where it belongs.
>> I cite myself (previous mail):
>> and it's translations ? Does it somehow confirmed ? What do you mean under
>> "To find out more about PostgreSQL or to download it, please visit:
>>       1;2c1;2c   In <your language here>
> Well, I still don't think I follow you.  But that's where the "Regional
> Contact" for the language will go.   For example:
> 	In Deutch:
> 		Anastasios Hatzis
> 		Email: DE(at)postgresql(dot)org
> 		Tel: +49-30-20005022
> 		Cell: +49-173-5625858
> However, not all the Regional contacts are (self-)selected yet.
> I was planning for Nick to be the Regional Contact for Russia, since last year
> you were not able to find press contacts for Russia and Nick says that he has
> some.  OK?
>> 1. Link to local server(s)  of postgresql community
> Planned, see above.    Of course, we don't have these for all communities.
>> 2.1;2c Link to download - local mirror of postgresql ftp-server
> Hmmm, this isn't a bad idea.    Except that some languages don't correspond to
> regions; Spanish for example.    But it would work for Russian/Polish/German
> etc.  Do you think you could put together a list of mirrors which would match
> closely with specific languages?
>> 3. Links to companies offering commercial support
> This is worthy of discussion, but would have had to been planned starting
> about a month ago (if not earlier).    At this time, translations have
> already started on the release, with plans to have it ready within the next
> 10 days.   If you want to start working on it now, our commercial support
> page could certainly use some help ...

Internet: oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su,
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83