Re: try/catch macros for Postgres backend

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: try/catch macros for Postgres backend
Date: 2004-07-29 05:04:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Does anyone have a problem with this macro syntax?  The try/catch names
> are stolen from Java, so I'm figuring they won't terribly surprise any
> modern programmer, but I'm open to different names if anyone has a
> better idea.

I have done such a macro hiding of setjmp/longjmp for a math library that
have been rused in the polylib library. Exceptions are important in an
integer linear algebra library because on overflows the co;putations are
false. You may have a look at the stuff if you want by googling with
polylib.

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr