Latin1 characters

From: Alejandro Aguilar Sierra <asierra(at)servidor(dot)unam(dot)mx>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Latin1 characters
Date: 2001-08-22 22:12:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello:

I want to insert international characters (latin1, iso8859-1, accents, ñ,
etc). I can do it directly but when I tri to do it with the driver I got
a ? in place of every accented character. For instance, the output of the
attached program is this:

Column 1: prueba3333
Column 2: Ni?os del ca??n

I'm compiling with the javac's flag '-encoding latin1' and it works,
except for the string retrieved from the data base.

What should I do?

Thank you in advice for any help.

Please reply to my address, I am not yet suscribed to this list.

--
Alejandro Aguilar Sierra
asierra(at)servidor(dot)unam(dot)mx

Attachment Content-Type Size