Re: Word Indexing

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Chris Ruprecht <chrup999(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: p-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Word Indexing
Date: 2001-07-03 14:04:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Chris Ruprecht wrote:

> Hi all, specially the developers!
>
> There is a feature which I would like to see - but which, I suppose, will not make it into PostGreSQL any time soon. It would mean to re-write a lot of the indexing (my guess). It's called 'Word Indexing" and it's functionality would allow something like
>
> Select * from text_table
> where text_table.text contains 'Red'
> and text_table.text contains 'Blue*'
> and text_table.text not contains 'Green';
>
> I actually have an application where this would come in extremely handy. Can anybody give me a clue if this is planned for any time in the foreseeable future?

We're a thinking about integration our ful-text search engine into postgres.
currently you can use something like we do in fts.postgresql.org.
We plan to release in Open Source as soon as we prepare documentation.
In short, look at contrib/intarray

> Best regards,
> Chris

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83