Re: The new, the improved ... FTS Searching of Mailing List Archives

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Date: 2001-04-27 17:36:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Morning all ...
>
> I'm going to do a broader announcement in a couple of days, but
> Oleg and his gang have just finished setting up their Mailing List

All work was done by Teodor Sigaev (teodor(at)stack(dot)net) and me (oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su)
as real-life application which utilize our work on GiST for 7.1
There is a room for improving performance - partial sorting
and better support of gist indexes by optimizer. We hope core developers
could help us.

> *Major* thanks to Oleg and his group for making this available
> to the community ... now searching is a useful function :)

We need to write some doc, FAQ. Also, we plan to add indexing of
postgres documentation, so people could search in mailing list archive
and docs.

> Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org secondary: scrappy(at){freebsd|postgresql}.org

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83