Case sensitive table names ?

From: Per Winkvist <nd96pwt(at)adeptus(dot)student(dot)hig(dot)se>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Case sensitive table names ?
Date: 2002-03-12 19:32:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

When creating a table from psql named 'tblProduct' that is turned into
tblproduct. (I'm accessing pg through Qt db classes too and I experience
the same thing there too I believe)

However, when creating a table with the tcl/tk application pgaccess you
can create a table that have capital letters. Isn't this a bug ?

Would be nice if one could create tables as tBlPrOdUcT and they appear
that way when querying system tables but also be able to access it non
case sensitive through sql.

Great job guys,

Per