Re: Error with tcp/ip networking

From: Travis Bauer <trbauer(at)cs(dot)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error with tcp/ip networking
Date: 2000-08-31 12:30:36
Lists: pgsql-general
Well, there were two other copies of postgress running, and at least one
was tying up port 5432, but . . .

I couldn't see them with 'ps' or 'ps -a', netstat did not list them as
using a port, but it did list something as having "Active UNIX domain
sockets," listing the tmp files I had deleted yesterday as the socket
location (it didn't name postmaster with them).  I found it by making my
xterm quit long and running top.  The showed up as being owned by
me.  Now I'm back in business, but I don't understand why they didn't
show up in ps or ps -a.

Thanks,.

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer