Can I make PostgreSql namespace case-insensitive?

From: Ben Kim <bkim(at)coe(dot)tamu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can I make PostgreSql namespace case-insensitive?
Date: 2004-03-26 22:49:30
Lists: pgsql-admin
Dear List,

Is there a way to completely turn off case sensitivity of the names of
table, field, sequence, etc.?

In our case we used mixed-case names, and the names are unique. They
wouldn't collide even if they get turned into lowercase names.

Because of interfacing problems with other softwares, I wish to make all
names case insensitive. However we already have some scripts using case
sensitive names, so don't want just to convert the database to lowercase
only. This is why I am looking to turn off case sensitivity of the
database as a whole. (So that "MyTable", mytable, MyTable will all work.)

I would appreciate any advice.

Regards,
Ben

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Sam Barnett-CormackDate: 2004-03-27 02:58:24