jdbc: Batch updates-Prepared Statements

From: Alexaki Sofia <alexaki(at)ics(dot)forth(dot)gr>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
Subject: jdbc: Batch updates-Prepared Statements
Date: 2001-05-28 08:42:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

At postgresql JDBC driver a Statement.executeBatch() command
is equivalent to a transaction containing the update commands of the
batch. I think this is not compatible with java  jdbc documentation
where states that when
 an Statement.executeBatch() command is executed the batch of commands
are executed but no in a new transaction. If you want to  create a new
transaction you have to state it explicitly. That is you should turn off
autocommit and finally execute the Connection.commit command.

According to current implementation I can't have multiple
Statement.executeBatch() commands in one transaction.
I also want to ask whether in postgresql JBDC driver 'Prepared statements'
are more efficient than 'Statements'.

thank you in advance.

Sofia Alexaki

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Ludek FinstrleDate: 2001-05-28 16:14:15