tuple maximum size; plpgsql to sendmail?

From: ERIC Lawson - x52010 <eric(at)bioeng(dot)washington(dot)edu>
To: pg-novice list <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: tuple maximum size; plpgsql to sendmail?
Date: 2000-07-13 15:30:15
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi, and TIA,

Can anybody here answer these questions:

1) I've seen references to the maximum size of a tuple as being
configurable within the range of 8 to 32K, yet the incorporation of blobs
seems to contradict any maximum size constraint.  Is there a maximum tuple
size, and if so, what is it?  (To be sure, the server environment limits
the size of a tuple, attribute and class, but does postgreSQL imposes
limits itself?)

2) I'd like to use a plpgsql procedure to send mail when a trigger event
or condition pertains (e.g., when the interval between the system date and
a date stored in an attribute reaches 14 days).  Is this possible with
plpgsql, and how would it be achieved?

James Eric Lawson
Research Publications Editor III
National Simulation Resource

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Lilly SarkisDate: 2000-07-13 16:38:39