tuple maximum size; plpgsql to sendmail?

From: ERIC Lawson - x52010 <eric(at)bioeng(dot)washington(dot)edu>
To: pg-novice list <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: tuple maximum size; plpgsql to sendmail?
Date: 2000-07-13 15:30:15
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi, and TIA,

Can anybody here answer these questions:

1) I've seen references to the maximum size of a tuple as being
configurable within the range of 8 to 32K, yet the incorporation of blobs
seems to contradict any maximum size constraint.  Is there a maximum tuple
size, and if so, what is it?  (To be sure, the server environment limits
the size of a tuple, attribute and class, but does postgreSQL imposes
limits itself?)

2) I'd like to use a plpgsql procedure to send mail when a trigger event
or condition pertains (e.g., when the interval between the system date and
a date stored in an attribute reaches 14 days).  Is this possible with
plpgsql, and how would it be achieved?

regards,
Eric

James Eric Lawson
Research Publications Editor III
National Simulation Resource

eric(at)bioeng(dot)washington(dot)edu

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Lilly SarkisDate: 2000-07-13 16:38:39