DllMain

From: Sebastian Setzer <setzersn(at)trick(dot)informatik(dot)uni-stuttgart(dot)de>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DllMain
Date: 2000-02-02 09:07:14
Lists: pgsql-ports

I think you didn't get this Mail yesterday, because I subscribed after
sending it, did you ?

I tried to compile postgres with cygwin (on Win 95) with gcc 2.95.2

I got an error message, complaining that the declaration of
DllMain in dllinit.c conflicts with the declaration in
cygwin/cygwin_dll.h

in cygwin/cygwin_dll.h :
#define DECLARE_CYGWIN_DLL(Entry) \
.... \
int WINAPI Entry (HANDLE h, DWORD reason, void *ptr); \
which should expand to :
int WINAPI DllMain (HANDLE h, DWORD reason, void *ptr);

in dllinit.c :
BOOL APIENTRY DllMain(HINSTANCE hInst, DWORD reason, LPVOID reserved);

Is it because gcc 2.95.2 is stricter than older versions ?
Or is it a bug ?
Or is my installation wrong ?
Or is it because i use Win 95 instead of NT ?

Sebastian Setzer