Re: Install Problem

From: "D(dot) Duccini" <duccini(at)backpack(dot)com>
To: CONDLEJ(at)chplink(dot)chp(dot)edu
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Install Problem
Date: 2001-08-30 18:21:37
Lists: pgsql-novice
right, you should run off to gnu.org and pull down and compile the
readline library

or i think you can turn it off in the configure script

check

configure --help

for current options

though in my opinion you'll want readline support in "psql"  its nice
being able to scroll back and have line-edit capabilities (including
completion!)

-duck

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 CONDLEJ(at)chplink(dot)chp(dot)edu wrote:

> I have narrowed my install problem to as follows:
> I am running Solaris 2.7
> I am running Postgresql -7.1.2
> My installation fails right after running ./configure right after untar the
> distribution.
>
> From what I can read from the log  it fails at
> gcc -o conftest conftest.c -lreadline
> ld: fatal: library -readline: not found
>
> I then ran it with --without-readline as was suggested in another post.
>
> I then get this error
> Undefined           first referenced
>  symbol                  in file
> optreset                /var/tmp/cc8bnjqR.p
> ld: fatal : Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
>
> The last two days have been my first experiance with postgreql.  I am more
> familiar with Oracle.  Please help have been all over the net looking for help
> on this.
>
> Joe

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

david(at)backpack(dot)com            BackPack Software, Inc.        www.backpack.com
+1 651.645.7550 voice       "Life is an Adventure.
+1 651.645.9798 fax            Don't forget your BackPack!"