Re: [BUGS] First experiences with Postgresql 7.0

From: Peter Eisentraut <e99re41(at)DoCS(dot)UU(dot)SE>
To: Rolf Grossmann <grossman(at)securitas(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] First experiences with Postgresql 7.0
Date: 2000-02-24 13:08:42
Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-hackers
> There is another problem with the regression tests: If the user running the
> tests has a .psqlrc file all regression tests fail, because commands from
> that file are echoed to the result file. Additionally, it a transaction
> is started from that file, regression tests fail, because they include tests
> for error cases and a transaction needs to be aborted after an error.

Incidentally, this should also be the behaviour of the old psql, so it
shouldn't be all that surprising. Will be fixed of course, though.

> On a related note (not a bug of course ;))... would it be possible to add
> some option to psql (or even libpq?) to always keep a transaction active?

The backend would be the right place for this, and yes, it's possible, but
there seems to be some disagreement whether we should do it.

peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net                   75262 Uppsala