Preventing users from creating tables in certain dbs.

From: Stefan Muehlebach <muehlste(at)student(dot)ethz(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Preventing users from creating tables in certain dbs.
Date: 2000-06-16 12:52:57
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi there

How can I prevent a user from creating a table in a database that she is
not owner of?

Suppose we have two users: 'mary' and 'fred', both are postgres-users, NOT
allowed to create dbs or users. For both users the db manager already
created a database (named 'mary' and 'fred').

In the standard installation of postgres it is possible for 'mary' and
'fred' to create tables in the database of the other user. How can I
prevent this?

I use this at our school, where every student should be able to have her
own database, but not beeing able to 'pollute' the db of her neighbour.

Thank you in advance for you help.
[mju]

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: banghDate: 2000-06-16 13:00:52