Long atributes

From: Nelson Ferreira Junior <nfj(at)cin(dot)ufpe(dot)br>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Long atributes
Date: 2000-05-31 19:19:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
    Hello,

    I have to store strings larger than 8Kb in a table. Using postgreSQL
7.0, buit with a 32K page size, the latest JDBC driver and JDK1.2
    I still get a SQLException "SQL statement is to long" when I try to do
a insert with a big string, although the homepage says that there is no
query size limit anymore (but the tuples still have to fin in one disk
page).

                                               Thanks

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Mark DzmuraDate: 2000-05-31 23:48:11