Postgresql JDBC driver compliance

From: Kelvin SIN <ksin(at)students(dot)cs(dot)mu(dot)OZ(dot)AU>
To: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql JDBC driver compliance
Date: 1998-08-05 14:21:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi Peter,

According to the JDBC documentation from java.sun.com, a JDBC driver is
JDBC compliant if it is SQL 92 complaint and passes the JDBC compliance
test. I think Postgresql is a subset of SQL92, but is it still JDBC
compliant? I am working in a client server project that connects to
postgresql and I need to find out how many of the JDBC APIs can be used,
especially the getCursor() method under the Connection class. Thanks.

Kelvin