Re: SSL - Providing client certificates

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Saleem EDAH-TALLY <nmset(at)netcourrier(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL - Providing client certificates
Date: 2009-02-20 17:29:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Saleem EDAH-TALLY wrote:

> However, if we set javax.net.ssl.keyStore and javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword,
> the SSL connection is established and the client certificate is verified.

When the code was first written, this wasn't tested and it was just
assumed that it wouldn't work. Recently we got a report that it did work,
but the documentation was not updated.

What I don't understand is how it selects the certificate to send. If you
have multiple keys in your keystore, how do you indicate which one to use?

Kris Jurka