Re: help please

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: abhijeet dharurkar <abhijeet(dot)dharurkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: help please
Date: 2009-01-05 04:37:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009, abhijeet dharurkar wrote:

> all setings are correct but while running the program from command line it
> gives the error.......
>
> Exception in thread "main" org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Protocol
> error.  Session setup failed.
>        at
> org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.doAuthentication(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:381)
>        at

During the authentication step of the connection startup process we expect
only a couple of different message types.  Something about your setup is
giving a message type the driver is not prepared for.  Without knowing
what message it is, it's not clear how to help.  I've added additional
logging to the driver to print out the message type.  Please try this
driver and post the results.

http://ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/startlog/

Kris Jurka