Re: GSSAPI/KRB5 and JDBC (again)

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Peter Koczan <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net
Subject: Re: GSSAPI/KRB5 and JDBC (again)
Date: 2008-07-29 18:37:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Peter Koczan wrote:

> Our ticket cache location is somewhat random on each login, but it can
> always be reliably found by looking at the environment variable
> KRB5CCNAME. I can specify the temporary location, but it would be much
> better to somehow be able to grab the auth info from that.

Yes, that would be good, but I'm not sure how to do it.  I'll make a note
to look at this when I take another pass at the code.

> I got this working after a few attempts and reading up on Java auth
> configs. It looks like I have to have the line which tells which user
> to use, i.e.
>
>        props.setProperty("user", "koczan");

Per discussion with Stephen I added some code to pickup the default user
from the environment instead of requiring it:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2008-05/msg00013.php

So you might need to get the newer code mentioned in that message.

Kris Jurka