Re: Feature Request: PSQLException verbosity option

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Daniel Migowski <dmigowski(at)ikoffice(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature Request: PSQLException verbosity option
Date: 2008-05-20 19:53:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Daniel Migowski wrote:

> Sounds great. The only "strange" thing with PostgreSQL-Exceptions will
> then be that they have multilined messages, which is AFAIK uncommon, but
> not forbidden, in Java, but might eventually break logfile parsers. In
> my case i like the multiline exceptions. Another possibility would be to
> print all the information into a single line, and work a bit on the
> formatting to have this look good.

It's a lot of stuff to jam on one line and we already use multiline
exceptions if we have a Detail message, so I've kept it multiline.  I've
added hint, position, and where to the default message.  File, line,
routine, internal_query, and internal_position are still not shown unless
additional verbosity is requested.

Kris Jurka