Re: proposal: setKeepAlive

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Toru SHIMOGAKI <shimogaki(dot)toru(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Toru SHIMOGAKI <shimogaki(dot)toru(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: proposal: setKeepAlive
Date: 2008-04-13 16:03:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Toru SHIMOGAKI wrote:

> The attached is the second version of setKeepAlive patch, which enables
> that user can turn the configuration flag on/off. The default is off.

Applied with some minor revisions.  I renamed the URL parameter to
tcpKeepAlive for naming consistency and I've added support for it as a
DataSource option as well.

Socket.setKeepAlive is only available in JDK1.3+ while we've previously
retained support back to JDK1.2.  I think everything prior to 1.4 is
sufficiently dead that we don't need to worry about that anymore, so 8.4+
will no longer support JDK 1.2 or 1.3.

Kris Jurka