Re: UUID datatype

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Andrew <archa(at)pacific(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UUID datatype
Date: 2008-02-16 15:52:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008, Andrew wrote:

> I'm wondering about the timeline or plans if any for JDBC driver support of
> the recently added UUID datatype in PostgreSQL?

There aren't any exact plans, but I was thinking we would map the pg uuid
type onto the java.util.UUID type. The only problem with that
is java.util.UUID only appeared in the 1.5 JDK, so we'd only be
able to support it for some driver versions. Do people think it's better
to always map it to a PGuuid class?

Kris Jurka