Re: Any examples for Postgresql 8.0 using jdbc type 2/3 driver with blobs?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Brent Friedman <ledfut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Any examples for Postgresql 8.0 using jdbc type 2/3 driver with blobs?
Date: 2008-02-01 20:42:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Brent Friedman wrote:

> I made several attempts today to get an example of a blob insert via jdbc
> working today, but ran into several errors. I tried both oid and bytea data
> types, and tried the LargeObject manager/methods. [The bytea type probably
> won't ultimately work for me - we need to be able to insert blobs of a few
> megs each.] We use 8.0 in production, so newer examples with 8.1/8.2/8.3
> specific implementations wouldn't help very much.
>
> So, any ideas where I can find working examples of jdbc/blob operations?

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/83/binary-data.html

The sample code here using the LargeObjectManager API should work.
Checking the test suite is also a reasonable place to look for examples.
See readWrite here:

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/jdbc/pgjdbc/org/postgresql/test/jdbc3/Jdbc3BlobTest.java?rev=1.6&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Kris Jurka