Re: BUG #3897: plJava dll still doesn't load

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: David Gradwell <david(at)gradwell(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3897: plJava dll still doesn't load
Date: 2008-01-24 11:16:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, David Gradwell wrote:

> Bug reference: 3897
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3rc2
> Operating system: Windows Server 2003
> Details:
>
> I've successfully installed plJava on postgres 8.2.6 using Kris Jurka's
> version at http://www.ejurka.com/pgsql/pljava/826/. Note that I failed to
> get the standard distribution download to work.

8.2.6 will not be repackaged, so the official fix will be in 8.2.7 which
has not yet been scheduled.

> I've now tried to get plJava running on 8.3rc2 (having failed on rc1 -
> already reported) using the pljava.dll and pljava.jar in the distribution.

I checked with the windows installer guys and they say they've got the
updated pljava in RC2 and have tested it to ensure that it works. What
they put in RC2 is the repackaged pljava for 8.3rc1 I put up here:

http://ejurka.com/pgsql/pljava/83rc1/

So it wouldn't hurt to try the above, but I don't have great hopes that it
will change things for you unless something got lost along the way.

Kris Jurka