Re: Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Ken Johanson <pg-user(at)kensystem(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()
Date: 2008-01-15 05:45:17
Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Ken Johanson wrote:

> That makes sense to me now, thanks. In any case do you agree that we still
> need to parse the fully qualified table, in case of input like:
>
> insert into postgres.public.test ...

That depends what your approach is for non-qualified tables as it would be
odd to do it differently for the two cases.  (Just got your other email).
Since you don't like "RETURNING *", you will need to be able to parse a
fully qualified name, but you also must be able to parse and then qualify
a non-fully qualified name.

> I don think my earlier question about getting the current/default catalog
> name is relevant since the query can specify other ones. True?

Not really, you can only specify the current database.  If you try
it with something else you get:

jurka=# select * from jurka.schema.tab;
ERROR:  schema "schema" does not exist

jurka=# select * from otherdb.schema.tab;
ERROR:  cross-database references are not implemented:
"otherdb.schema.tab"

Kris Jurka