Re: Missing fields in getColumns() result

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Christian Schröder <cs(at)deriva(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing fields in getColumns() result
Date: 2007-12-18 16:15:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Christian Schröder wrote:

> I have just found out that the ResultSet that is returned by the
> getColumns() method of a DatabaseMetaData object does only contain the
> fields from the JDBC 2 (pre JDK 1.4) spec, even if I use the JDBC 3
> driver. Is this a known bug?

Yes.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-12/msg00038.php

And the more generic entry here:

The JDBC 3 DatabaseMetaData methods sometimes return additional
information. Currently we only return JDBC 2 data for these
methods.

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/todo.html

> By the way, how can I search the mailing list archive for the term
> "SOURCE_DATA_TYPE"? The underscores seem to be ignored so I get each
> posting which contains the three terms "source", "data" and "type"

I'm not sure, but restricting the search to just the jdbc list makes
your post come out first.

Kris Jurka