Re: how to set a PreparedStatement column of XML type in 8.3?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Matt Magoffin <postgresql(dot)org(at)msqr(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to set a PreparedStatement column of XML type in 8.3?
Date: 2007-12-12 23:59:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Matt Magoffin wrote:

> I am able to work around the issue by setting a PGObject value with the
> type set to "xml" and the value my XML String. Is this the way the driver
> is expected to work, or should it map Strings to the xml type
> automatically in 8.3?

Expected? Should? The driver should implment SQLXML, but since that
hasn't happened yet, it's expected that the only way to deal with it is
via Strings. You can get around your original complaint via the
stringtype=unspecified URL parameter so you don't have to go through
PGobject, but long term we should use SQLXML.

Kris Jurka