Re: JDBC XA Support and Sample code?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: "Jignesh K(dot) Shah" <J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC XA Support and Sample code?
Date: 2007-12-05 22:07:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Jignesh K. Shah wrote:

> I am new to the XA world of PostgreSQL. What's the story of XA in PostgreSQL
> JDBC Driver? Also are there examples on how to use the "Experimental" XA
> driver in postgresql-jdbc?

PG's XA support is not expiremental, it's been part of the driver since
the 8.1 release.  How it's used depends a lot on who/what is managing your
transactions, so it's not real straightforward to put together concrete
examples and configurations.  The JDBC driver's testsuite
(org.postgresql.test.xa) manually issues xa transaction commands, so it's
the most clear use of XA, but not really representative of actual usage.

Kris Jurka