Re: AbstractJdbc2Array - another patch

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Marek Lewczuk <newsy(at)lewczuk(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AbstractJdbc2Array - another patch
Date: 2007-12-01 08:29:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Marek Lewczuk wrote:

> [one more patch for multi-dimensional arrays]

Applied with one last minor fix. Array elements are escaped differently
than literals or identifiers, so I've added a new escapeArrayElement
method instead of trying to use connection.escapeString.

> Btw, you didn't answer about ResultSetMetaData.getColumnTypeName() - does it
> mean, that we won't do anything with that in near future ?

I don't have any immediate plans to work on this issue. The 8.3 release
is coming fast and there are two more large patches that I need to have
another look at (copy + binary transfer). Schema qualifying all types has
been a problem since the 7.3 release and we haven't heard a whole lot of
complaints about it, so I'm not hugely concerned. That's not to say I
don't think we should fix it, just that it's low on my priority list. If
you want to work on it, I'd be happy to look at whatever you come up with.

Kris Jurka