Re: Fw: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException when commit long transaction

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Luc1fer Hell <luc1fer(at)inbox(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fw: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException when commit long transaction
Date: 2007-11-24 06:36:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Luc1fer Hell wrote:

> I'm trying to implement data replication mechanism base on OpenJPA and
> WebServices. When I tried to persist about 200000 objects that
> references each other i have got an error on commit:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
> at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:546)
> at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:321)
> at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1175)
>
> I use PostgreSQL 8.2 as database and openJPA 1.0.1 as ORM. Can anybody
> help me? As i see problem lies in Postgre Driver. My current is
> postgresql-8.2-505.jdbc3.jar

That's an unusual error and does look like it is the driver's problem.
Are there any errors prior to this one? Can you reproduce it with a
smaller test case or only with 200000 records? If you can put together
something self contained, I'd love to look at it. Another good diagnostic
tool is adding ?loglevel=2 to your connection URL to enable verbose
logging. With 200k records that's going to be a lot of info, but if
you're willing to share it, I'd be willing to take a look at that too.

Kris Jurka