Re: Batch INSERT failing with error 22P02

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Eric Faulhaber <ecf(at)goldencode(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Batch INSERT failing with error 22P02
Date: 2007-09-24 12:38:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Kris Jurka wrote:

> So the fix is probably to check that we aren't setting type information from
> stale results, but this is a pretty complicated area, so I'd like to study it
> a little more.

OK, I've committed a fix for 8.1, 8.2, and 8.3-dev to the CVS repository.
It simply checks that the describe results match the currently parsed
query before applying them. There is still an optimization to be made
here, in that we don't need to describe at all if the Query has all the
needed type informtion already, but I'll leave that for later.

Kris Jurka