Re: JDBC driver works in ccommand line, not in Tomcat5

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Chris Baty <batymohn(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC driver works in ccommand line, not in Tomcat5
Date: 2007-09-05 07:11:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Chris Baty wrote:

> I'm trying to get Tomcat 5 to access psql.  I created a "test' database
> and put several drivers in common/lib.  I keep getting
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Something unusual has occured to
> cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception.

This is probably caused by a permission denied error because you are
running tomcat with a security policy that does not let you connect to
outside resources (such as a database).

We should probably do a better job of catching and reporting this error
with a helpful suggestion instead of the obscure message and request for a
report above.

Kris Jurka