Re: Can MD5 sums be posted for the downloadable files?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: "Bady, Brant RBCM:EX" <Brant(dot)Bady(at)royalbcmuseum(dot)bc(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can MD5 sums be posted for the downloadable files?
Date: 2007-07-03 15:43:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Bady, Brant RBCM:EX wrote:

> I would like to dowload, and install the PostgreSQL JDBC drivers, but
> because of the nature of the system I will install them on, I must be
> able to verify that the software I am installing matches what it is
> supposed to be, hence I need the MD5 checksums to confirm this.

Sure, it's possible, but I'm not sure the (admittedly small) amount of
work is worth it. This is the first request I've seen for this and it
doesn't provide as much benefit as a signed driver which hasn't its own
problems:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-07/thrd2.php#00057

Does anyone else need MD5s?

Kris Jurka