Re: getProcedureColumns

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: "thomas(dot)risberg" <thomas(dot)risberg(at)tridb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: getProcedureColumns
Date: 2007-07-02 18:52:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, thomas.risberg wrote:

> So it seems that it is not possible to construct the appropriate call
> sequence just based on the metadata when there are multiple out
> parameters.

Right, the current metadata returned is based on the pg_proc.argtypes
field which only contains the in and in/out parameters to a function.  A
new column pg_proc.allargtypes was added in support of out functions and
the driver was never updated to use it.  So that should be part of the
fixes that the patch under discussion covers.  If your willing to do some
testing I've built a driver version with the patch included and put it up
here:

http://www.ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/tr/

Kris Jurka