Re: Exception in running query

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Bellur Ashwin <bell_ashwin(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Exception in running query
Date: 2007-04-10 17:57:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Bellur Ashwin wrote:

> I issued one query to postgres using JDBC, it returned an exception
> saying the specified column does not exist. My java code handles this
> exception and subsequently when i try to run some other queries i am
> getting the following exception:

> at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:546)
> at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:321)
> at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1223)
> at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:175)
> at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:389)
> at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:314)
> at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:221)

I cannot duplicate this result so I would have to suspect it has something
to do with your server modifications. If you reproduce this problem on a
stock server and driver please provide the exact versions of both and I
will investigate further.

Enabling protocol logging using the URL parameter loglevel=2 may help you
see where the driver is getting confused.

Kris Jurka