Re: Synthesize support for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Ken Johanson <pg-user(at)kensystem(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Synthesize support for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()?
Date: 2007-02-16 03:34:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Ken Johanson wrote:

> This patch adds the Major and Minor version checking, for server >=8.2.

The correct version check should be written:
if (connection.haveMinimumServerVersion("8.2"))

I'm also not sure about the getGeneratedKeys method.  Should we throw an
Exception instead of returning an empty ResultSet if there weren't any
generated keys?  Also do we need to do better tracking of what comes from
generated keys vs just regular results?  Once people start using this
functionality we'll need some better error checking.

Kris Jurka