Re: getProcedureColumns

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Jeffrey Cox <namredips(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: getProcedureColumns
Date: 2007-02-14 06:37:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Jeffrey Cox wrote:

> Finally got these patches finished up. Sorry for the delay ( had a machine
> learning program fighting me all weekend). Please let me know if this is not
> what you need, or more it turns out there is something not working. All seems
> to be working, and am actually using the resulting jar in a external app.
> Though the tests get the job done, they are a bit 'brute force'. i figure
> they can be re-factored later. probably goes for the other code as well I
> suppose.

This doesn't work on an 8.0 server so they're unlikely to work on 7.4 or
7.3 servers either all of which the driver must support.  Right now I
don't have all of these handy to test with, so if you don't either we'll
have to wait for me to return to my normal dev machine.

Some other notes:

1) It's better to send all your changes as one patch instead of one per
file.  It makes it easier to apply.

2) You've sent a patch for AbstractJdbc2Array that only adds something
that's commented out.

3) When doing version comparisons you want
connection.haveMinimumServerVersion, not MinimumCompatibleVersion.  The
Compatible idea is supposed to indicate what version of the driver the
current driver should imitate (although it's rarely used).

Kris Jurka