Re: Synthesize support for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Ken Johanson <pg-user(at)kensystem(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Synthesize support for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()?
Date: 2007-01-27 04:57:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Ken Johanson wrote:

> http://onnet.cc/AbstractJdbc3Statement.patch
> http://onnet.cc/AbstractJdbc2Statement.patch

I can't get the first patch to apply cleanly at all, erroring with

patching file AbstractJdbc3Statement.java
patch: **** Premature `---' at line 33; check line numbers at line 21

And even to get to that point I had to change from windows \ to unix /
directory separators.  Could we get a patch that is easy to apply?

> For some reason I'm getting an empty result set with this.. the javadocs are
> a tad sparse so I may not be able to resolve this for a day or two.. anyone
> better at with this api? I'm also not sure if this quick and dirty change
> will correctly handle PreparedStmts.

I wouldn't be surprised if the driver is confused by an INSERT command
completion tag also having a result set.  If you can produce a working
patch I'll take a closer look.

Kris Jurka