Re: Could not find commit log for changelogs

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Altaf Malik <mmalik_altaf(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Could not find commit log for changelogs
Date: 2007-01-16 17:36:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Altaf Malik wrote:

>   I was looking into what has exactly changed against a particular
> changelog in 8.2-504. I found few issues which are reported in the
> changelog but are not in pgjdbc-commit archives. Can anybody tell me if
> these changes are really in the latest code? or if they are planned to
> be included in next release? But then why are they in changelog? Here
> are the four issues that were not found in pgjdbc-commit archives.

I sometimes reword the changelog to be a little more understandable than
the original commit message.  So all of these items are in the release and
should be available in the archives.

>     Improve handling of incorrectly written user code using
> CallableStatements. Defend against trying to retrieve data before the
> statement is executed. (jurka)

OK, this one seems to be missing from the archives, but see revision 1.93
here:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pgjdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2/AbstractJdbc2Statement.java?cvsroot=pgjdbc

http://gborg.postgresql.org/pipermail/pgjdbc-commit/2006-November/000546.html

http://gborg.postgresql.org/pipermail/pgjdbc-commit/2006-November/000548.html

>     Correct escaping of named savepoints which follow identifier, not
> literal rules. (jurka) Thanks to Michael Paesold.

http://gborg.postgresql.org/pipermail/pgjdbc-commit/2006-November/000556.html

Kris Jurka