Re: JSQL and postgre 8.1

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Marcin Zuba <strannik(at)o2(dot)pl>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JSQL and postgre 8.1
Date: 2007-01-11 05:10:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Marcin Zuba wrote:

> Is it possible in Postgre 8.1 to run jsql select statement with the #sql
> prefix (without initializing instances of such classes like
> PreperedStatement or ResultSet) ? If so what java packages do I need to
> do this ?

I don't know of any postgresql specific SQLJ translators, but it's
possible that there are generic ones out there that will work with
postgresql.  In general SQLJ never really caught on and even Oracle seems
to be phasing it out[1].  Perhaps you should consider some other
technology?

Kris Jurka

[1] http://whitepapers.techrepublic.com.com/whitepaper.aspx?docid=97751