Re: Bug with callable statement and output parameters

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug with callable statement and output parameters
Date: 2006-05-23 20:30:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Kris Jurka wrote:

>> On Sun, 21 May 2006, Dave Cramer wrote:
>>
>>> Attached is a patch that works on 8.1 and 7.3 for sure
>>>

> Unfortunately it does not work when run against a 8.0 server.

The issues is that every function call will have at least one out
parameter whether it's been registered or not. For pre 8.1 servers
using the v3 protocol the out parameter was not being registered in the
SimpleParameterList and can't be because of lack of server support.
The patch adjusts getOutParameterCount to return at least 1.

I need to do some more careful testing after the recent bad releases, but
hopefully I'll put out new 8.0 and 8.1 releases tonight.

Kris Jurka

Attachment Content-Type Size
out-params-pre81-v3.patch text/plain 711 bytes