Re: Updated German translation

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Andre Bialojahn <ab(dot)spamnews(at)freenet(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updated German translation
Date: 2006-05-22 19:55:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Andre Bialojahn wrote:

> I just saw that apparently further additions were made to the original
> .po file after I sent in my last version a few days before so the
> current translation available is not complete. To help this, I added the
> missing messages. Attached you'll find the most up to date version of
> the German translation gzipped.

Installed in 8.1 and HEAD.

> OBTW: Is there any (easy) way to find out - or even be notified auto-
> matically - when the original template is changed?
> I'd like to try to keep up with the changes a bit more to ensure that
> the file is as current as my time allows.

Unfortunately, no. Any developer can add new translatable messages, but
this won't be called out in any special way. The translation status page
on the website isn't updated automatically, so it might show a 100%
translation when in fact it's not. We don't have the infrastructure to
do something like email you when things change, and if we were a big
enough project to have this, I'd guess we'd have enough changes that you'd
wish we didn't update you constantly. I'd like to get the translation
status updated nightly, but beyond that I'm not sure there's much else to
do. Your thoughts?

Kris Jurka